Thursday, January 17, 2008

My trip to Japan

In the December holidays, I had a rather good overseas trip in Japan. I went with my extended family to Tokyo over a period of 5 days. It was also my first time going with a fully guided tour group.

On the first tour day, we headed to Mt Fuji in the morning by coach.(
On our way in the coach, I spotted a young boy who had a Nintendo DS, with “Pokemon” in it. As I had one myself, I boldly challenged him to a ‘Pokemon’ Battle! Being a veteran, I won him with ease, but, I cheated as my ‘Pokemon’s’ were all hacked. Thinking back, I should not have done it, and I am extremely guilty about. He disconnected the match, which means in “Pokemon” that he is a sore loser, and does not want to admit defeat. I had no qualms about him disconnecting, because I cheated which was not sporty as well.)When we reached Mt Fuji, we were extraordinarily blessed as we had a clear view of Mt Fuji!
 
According to the guide, Japanese have found out that only an average of 55 days a year that we can see Mt Fuji without any clouds blocking. What luck! We drank some spring water from a fountain which flowed down form Mt Fuji. The water was extremely refreshing, and perked me up for the entire day! After marveling at the spectacular Mt Fuji, we headed back to the coach. The guide quipped that the tour company had signed a contract with Mt Fuji stating that Mt Fuji had to show its full self when their tour group arrives. Everyone laughed. The next stop was further up on a part Mt Fuji – the fifth station, the coach was very slow, and I marveled at the scenery outside. Then, I saw white stuff beside the roads. What was it? I took a closer look. Oh My!

It was snow, I was ecstatic, my inner child went wild. It was the first time ever I saw snow. I nearly jumped out of my seat. The coach stopped, and the tour guide let us outside to admire and play in the snow. The snow was cold, and I felt my hands freeze a little as I picked some up. It was so cold that after a few minutes playing, I was so cold that I had to go in the coach for warmth. It was so fun! We ended the day in a small Japanese style hotel which we were served with authentic Japanese cuisine, we even wore kimonos, traditional Japanese clothing.

The next morning, the coach then headed to DisneySea, a new theme park which was near DisneyLand. DisneySea was much less kiddy than DisneyLand. When we entered DisneySea, we saw this big globe.


We then proceeded to the next ride, Journey to the center of the Earth, which was on an island with a Volcano called Mount Prometheus.

The moment I heard 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' was a roller coaster ride, I cowered in fear. I did not want to go on it, and I wanted to back out, but my family would not let him. I felt butterflies dancing in my stomach. When I got on to the ride, I was hysterically I closed my eyes, and started muttering gibberish. Would I meet my maker? I though. Then, I saw a light at the end. I thought that signal the end of the ride, and I heaved a sigh of relief. Boy was I in for a surprise. The ride suddenly sped up, and ‘flew’ I felt weightlessness and adrenaline pumped through my body. I was so afraid. When it was truly over, I immediately reverted back into my normal self. I felt that I acted like a coward, and was embarrassed with myself. I felt like a loser.

I enjoyed the trip to Tokyo very much, and I am positive that this is and will be the best overseas trip in my life. This trip has given me many great memories which I will be etched in my heart for eternity.

To Ms Fox: Description of Paragraph 2:
‘Pokemon’ is a very good game which adults and children alike play as it is a brain game, requiring great intelligence and strategy to master it.
‘Pokemon’ is also the monsters in the game “Pokemon”.
I labeled Pokemon the game as “Pokemon” and the monsters as ‘Pokemon’
A ‘Pokemon’ Battle is a match between two players of the game to see who is better.
If you have trouble understanding, please ignore the pokemon parts.


Artiste: ----
Song: -----

*add your lyrics here*